Use of your personal data
We (Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre Trust Limited) will collect personal and sensitive data from you in order to process your application for employment at Birmingham Hippodrome, which will also be accessible by Jobtrain solutions who supply the recruitment system.
We will secure and protect your personal data in line with GDPR best practice. This data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
• to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process
• to enable you to submit your CV and/or application form
• to confirm you have a legal right to work in the UK
• to improve our customer service
• to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
• to provide job alerts via email to you for any updates that you have subscribed to
• to answer your questions and enquiries
• to undertake criminal record checks when applicable
• to use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• to undertake statistical analysis of anonymised data (equality and diversity)
• to allow internal reporting of a candidate’s recruitment journey.
We will send you emails to keep you up to date with your application and if successful invite you to an interview or assessment centre. If you do not wish to receive these emails then you would need to remove your application from the system, which can be done by logging into your account and clicking ‘Withdraw’ or ‘Delete Application’.
You can also subscribe to job alerts (notifications of Jobs you may be interested in but not applied for) which are sent via email. You can manage these within your account under ‘My Profile’, where you can add and remove these as you prefer. If you wish to unsubscribe from all job alerts, then please click ‘Unsubscribe’ in the alert that you receive.
If you submit a mobile telephone number, then we will send you a reminder of any assessment centre or interview times.
For volunteers, we will securely store your contact details and any Next of Kin information that you have submitted during onboarding, in event we need to contact someone in an emergency.
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above. We will not share your data with other non-stated third parties without your prior consent.
Unsuccessful candidates or anyone who has not logged into the system and updated their data in a six month period will be prompted to do so – if no further activity happens in the next 30 days then that candidate’s data will be securely destroyed. Data is kept for six months after the decision is made that your application has been unsuccessful adhering to the statutory requirement to retain information. Successful candidates’ information required for employment purposes will be retained throughout their employment.
You should ensure to the best of your knowledge that the information you have submitted is accurate.
Please confirm that you have read, that you understand and that you consent to how Birmingham Hippodrome will use and store your information.